- PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
- UNDER WHAT LEGAL BASES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- AGE LIMITATION
- DATA RETENTION
- CONTACT US
PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
Plug Digital Africa, a business registered in Kenya will be in control of your data
2. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect data you give us voluntarily (for example, an email address). We also collect data automatically (for example, your IP address).
2.1. Data you give us If you decide to subscribe for newsletter or to submit a story to Plug tv, you may be asked to provide your email address. You may use an opportunity to post comments on Plug tv. Comments are always public: they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines. You should be aware that any personal information you submit in comments can be read, collected and used by other users of the Service. We may collect information you enter when clicking on third-party advertisements placed on the Service such as your email address, name and phone number.
Data we collect automatically:
- Data about how you found us. We collect data about your referring URL (that is, the place on the Web where you were when you tapped on our ad
- Device and Location data. We collect data from your device. Examples of such data include: language settings, IP address, time zone, type and model of a device, device settings, operating system, Internet service provider, mobile carrier, hardware ID, and Facebook ID.
- Usage data. We record how you interact with our Service. For example, we log the features, and content you interact with, how often you use the Service, how long you are on the Service, what sections you use, how many ads you watch.
- Advertising IDs. We collect your Apple Identifier for Advertising (“IDFA”) or Google Advertising ID (“AAID”) (depending on the operating system of your device). You can typically reset these numbers through the settings of your device’s operating system (but we do not control this).
Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our Service. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We also use tracking pixels that set cookies to assist with delivering online advertising. Cookies are used, in particular, to automatically recognize you the next time you visit our Website. As a result, the information, which you have earlier entered in certain fields on the Website may automatically appear the next time when you use our Service. Cookie data will be stored on your device and most of the times only for a limited time period.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data.
- To provide our Service This includes enabling you to use the Service in a seamless manner and preventing or addressing Service errors or technical issues.
- To customize your experience – We process your personal data to adjust the content of the Service and make offers tailored to your personal preferences and interests –
- To communicate with you regarding your use of our Service – We communicate with you, for example, by push notifications or by sending email newsletters. As a result, you may receive information on the latest events in the world every day. To opt out of receiving push notifications, you need to change the settings on your browser or mobile device. To opt out of certain type of emails, you need to follow unsubscribe link located in the footer of the email or by contacting our support team at . The services that we use for these purposes may collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by our users, as well as when they interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
4. UNDER WHAT LEGAL BASES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data, in particular, under the following legal bases: your consent; to perform our contract with you; for our (or others’) legitimate interests; Under this legal basis we, in particular: communicate with you regarding your use of our Service This includes, for example, sending you push notifications reminding you that you have unread messages. The legitimate interest we rely on for this purpose is our interest to encourage you to use our Service more often. We also take into account the potential benefits to you. research and analyze your use of the Service Our legitimate interest for this purpose is our interest in improving our Service so that we understand users’ preferences and are able to provide you with a better experience (for example, to make the use of our mobile application easier and more enjoyable, or to introduce and test new features). send you marketing communications The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest to promote our Service in a measured and appropriate way. personalize our ads The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest to promote our Service in a reasonably targeted way. enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use and to prevent and combat fraud Our legitimate interests for this purpose are enforcing our legal rights, preventing and addressing fraud and unauthorised use of the Service, non-compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use. to comply with legal obligations.
5. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Service providers We share personal data with third parties that we hire to provide services or perform business functions on our behalf, based on our instructions. We may share your personal information with the following types of service providers: cloud storage providers data analytics providers (Google) marketing partners (in particular, social media networks, marketing agencies, email delivery services; such as Facebook, Google, etc.
Law enforcement agencies and other public authorities
We may use and disclose personal data to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, and to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, or in other cases provided for by law.
Third parties as part of a merger or acquisition
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customers’ information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also share such information with any affiliated entity (e.g. parent company or subsidiary) and may transfer such information in the course of a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
6. HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
To be in control of your personal data, you have the following rights: Accessing / reviewing / updating / correcting your personal data. You may request a copy of your personal data collected during your use of the Service at
When you request deletion of your personal data, we will use reasonable efforts to honor your request. In some cases after we have complied with our obligations.
7. AGE LIMITATION
9. DATA RETENTION
10. CONTACT US